The results of the 2019 patient survey are below. We would like to thank all of you who took part and especially those who left comments.
The results are below (there are some rounding issues so the numbers don’t always add up to 100%)
How Easy was it to get an appointment?
We accept that there is an issue with getting appointments especially with doctors. We have recruited 2 GPs, one starting in January and one in March. We hope this will help to address this issue.
How would you rate your appointment overall?
There was only one comment as to why the person scored OK and that was “Waited 35 minutes past appointment time.”
Did the Doctor Listen to you?
We are pleased that you all thought that you were listened to.
Were you happy with the outcome of the consultation
We are also pleased that you were all happy with the outcome of the consultation
Was the appointment time convenient
We do offer appointment outside of core hours across Kings Heath and Park Avenue. If you need an appointment outside of core hours 08.00 am to 6.30 pm please ask.
How would you rate the Surgery overall
As you all know it is a difficult time for the NHS. We are pleased that 84% thought the practices (Park Avenue & Kings Heath) were excellent or good and 96% thought we were OK or better. The two people who scored us as poor was because of the difficulty in getting a GP appointment
How would you rate the nurse/HCA you saw?
- Excellent - Very friendly staff and good treatment
- Excellent - Always able to contact a professional if unable to get an appointment always great advice and help.
- Good - Helpful and kind – would like it to be easier to see a doctor
- Excellent - Very Kind & Helpful
- Good - Long good service
- Excellent -The nurse was amazing. I am petrified of blood tests and she made me feel comfortable. Thank you Laura
- Good - All is as good as possible for the area we live in.
- Excellent -I have to contact other surgeries due to my job and Park Avenue is one of the best for contacting and getting an appointment. What I did like was that when the doctor was running late Lucinda took the appointment – this is fantastic.
- Poor - It is incredibly frustrating trying to get an appointment with a doctor. Waiting 20 minutes on the phone which is difficult in an open plan office only to be told there are no appointments. I can’t ring every day. I have been at the practice since I was born and I have never known it so poor. I wonder how many people suffer with ailments simply because getting an appointment with the doctor is downright impossible. I shall look for a new surgery.
- Good - Apart from difficulty of getting appointment. I think you now seem to have a team of nurses and doctors with a good range of experience and expertise.
- Excellent - Consistently polite, friendly and efficient
- Excellent because you can easily book an appointment; the staff are nice
- OK – But it is very hard to book an appointment with a doctor when needed. Need more appointments for people to get.
- Excellent -Always trying to please – wouldn’t change anything
- Excellent - Clean, text appointment service good.
- Excellent - Jackie is amazing and very patient – thank you. Difficulty getting appointments
- OK - Often wait on the phone to be answered
- Good – But more GP appointments
- Excellent -Nice pleasant, kind
- Excellent - I have always got an appointment in or around the time I need as I work
- OK - Just difficult to get doctors’ appointments
- Excellent -Dr Ravest is very patient, very thorough – thank you. Difficult to get an appointment and takes too long to get through on the phone.
- Excellent -Got seen quickly
- Good - It would be helpful to have ongoing treatment from the same doctor, but I appreciate this is difficult
- Poor - Nobody answers calls. Can’t get in to see GP. Can’t book when we need to. Gave PM a letter – no reply.
- Poor – Because of problems getting an appointment – Poor NHS
- Excellent - Understanding GP and helpful. Wouldn’t change anything
- Excellent - Always helpful and listen to concerns
- OK - But it can be very difficult to get through to reception in the mornings.