BEFORE ENTERING THE SURGERY
THIS IS FOR YOUR SAFETY AND OUR SAFETY
* * * * * * * * * *
Northampton General Hospital (NGH) Phlebotomy Update
Please see message below regarding phlebotomy services from NGH.
The blood taking unit (phlebotomy) will reopen in its original location on the Northampton General Hospital site, Area H, for paediatric and adult patients.
The phone lines will be open from the 29th June 2020.
They have made a change to the service and all patients must now have an appointment to attend the blood taking unit.
Appointments for both paediatric and adult blood taking can be booked:
Monday to Friday between 9am and 3:30pm by phoning on 01604 523303 or 01604 544190.
The adult phlebotomy service will be from 8am - 4pm Monday to Friday and 8am 12:30pm on Saturday.
The paediatric phlebotomy service will return to the blood taking unit 8am 11:30am Monday to Friday.
Patients attending appointments will need to bring their Pathology Request Form with them. Printing facilities will not be available. Without the correct form they will not be able to complete your appointment.
All patients must wear a face covering, maintain social distancing and must attend alone where possible. The waiting area has limited spaces so patients can only attend at the time of their appointment. If there are any reasons why wearing a face covering or attending alone is not possible, patients need to inform the team when booking their appointment.
* * * * * * * * * *
COVID19 Test & Trace (Questions & Answers)
* * * * * * * * * *
Diabetes - What to do when you are ill
* * * * * * * * * *
Patient Survey 2019
The results of the 2019 patient survey are below. We would like to thank all of you who took part and especially those who left comments.
The results are below (there are some rounding issues so the numbers don’t always add up to 100%)
How Easy was it to get an appointment?
We accept that there is an issue with getting appointments especially with doctors. We have recruited 2 GPs, one starting in January and one in March. We hope this will help to address this issue.
How would you rate your appointment overall?
There was only one comment as to why the person scored OK and that was “Waited 35 minutes past appointment time.”
Did the Doctor Listen to you?
We are pleased that you all thought that you were listened to.
Were you happy with the outcome of the consultation
We are also pleased that you were all happy with the outcome of the consultation
Was the appointment time convenient
We do offer appointment outside of core hours across Kings Heath and Park Avenue. If you need an appointment outside of core hours 08.00 am to 6.30 pm please ask.
How would you rate the Surgery overall
As you all know it is a difficult time for the NHS. We are pleased that 84% thought the practices (Park Avenue & Kings Heath) were excellent or good and 96% thought we were OK or better. The two people who scored us as poor was because of the difficulty in getting a GP appointment
How would you rate the nurse/HCA you saw?
- Excellent - Very friendly staff and good treatment
- Excellent - Always able to contact a professional if unable to get an appointment always great advice and help.
- Good - Helpful and kind – would like it to be easier to see a doctor
- Excellent - Very Kind & Helpful
- Good - Long good service
- Excellent -The nurse was amazing. I am petrified of blood tests and she made me feel comfortable. Thank you Laura
- Good - All is as good as possible for the area we live in.
- Excellent -I have to contact other surgeries due to my job and Park Avenue is one of the best for contacting and getting an appointment. What I did like was that when the doctor was running late Lucinda took the appointment – this is fantastic.
- Poor - It is incredibly frustrating trying to get an appointment with a doctor. Waiting 20 minutes on the phone which is difficult in an open plan office only to be told there are no appointments. I can’t ring every day. I have been at the practice since I was born and I have never known it so poor. I wonder how many people suffer with ailments simply because getting an appointment with the doctor is downright impossible. I shall look for a new surgery.
- Good - Apart from difficulty of getting appointment. I think you now seem to have a team of nurses and doctors with a good range of experience and expertise.
- Excellent - Consistently polite, friendly and efficient
- Excellent because you can easily book an appointment; the staff are nice
- OK – But it is very hard to book an appointment with a doctor when needed. Need more appointments for people to get.
- Excellent -Always trying to please – wouldn’t change anything
- Excellent - Clean, text appointment service good.
- Excellent - Jackie is amazing and very patient – thank you. Difficulty getting appointments
- OK - Often wait on the phone to be answered
- Good – But more GP appointments
- Excellent -Nice pleasant, kind
- Excellent - I have always got an appointment in or around the time I need as I work
- OK - Just difficult to get doctors’ appointments
- Excellent -Dr Ravest is very patient, very thorough – thank you. Difficult to get an appointment and takes too long to get through on the phone.
- Excellent -Got seen quickly
- Good - It would be helpful to have ongoing treatment from the same doctor, but I appreciate this is difficult
- Poor - Nobody answers calls. Can’t get in to see GP. Can’t book when we need to. Gave PM a letter – no reply.
- Poor – Because of problems getting an appointment – Poor NHS
- Excellent - Understanding GP and helpful. Wouldn’t change anything
- Excellent - Always helpful and listen to concerns
- OK - But it can be very difficult to get through to reception in the mornings.
* * * * * * * * * *
**** FLU APPOINTMENTS ARE NOW AVAILABLE TO BOOK FOR ***
** THOSE AGED 65 YEARS AND OVER, please speak to reception.**
** THOSE UNDER 65 YEARS AND AT RISK, please speak to reception.**
Appointments are now available to book. You will need to register for this service with the Practice please bring ID to reception and we
will issue you with log in details.
Branch Practice - Kings heath
We are please to announce that Park Avenue Medical Centre has taken over Kings Heath Practice (North Oval Kings Heath) with effect from 1st September 2019. This increase in patient numbers and staff will make us more resilient in the long-term. From 5th November 2019 the clinical systems of Kings Heath and Park Avenue and Kings Heath shall be merged. From that time it will be possible to book appointments to see clinicians at either practice. There will be no changes to telephone numbers or your ability to come to your own surgery. However, additional services may be offered across the two practices.
We are extremely pleased to have been able to recruit three full time nurses to the practice. All are highly experienced and very skilled in their roles. Our aim is for the nurses to meet more of the on the day demand which will free up the GPs to have more routine appointments and to better care for those who have more serious illnesses.
From 1st April 2015 the Health Secretary has determined that all patients (including children) will have a named, accountable GP who will take lead responsibility for the co-ordination of all your appropriate NHS services.
Whereas your overall care remains the responsibility of the Practice as a whole, the accountable GP shall take responsibility for coordinating your care.
Your Accountable GP is your usual GP.
This does not prevent you from seeing another GP if you so wish; the choice remains yours.
If you want to know who your accountable GP is then please ask when you next have a consultation with a practice medical professional, or ask one of the support staff, receptions, prescription clerks, the Practice Manager and we will be happy to tell you.
Enhancing your care with the use of technology
Please see our Statement of Intent under Item 1 of Further Information.